Applications being accepted for Dining Services Workers -- See C.A.P.S. Human Resources for details.
The USDA has recently issued new school meal requirements for the National School Lunch and Breakfast Program. Chartwells School Dining Services manages the food service department at Coopersville Area Public Schools and has already begun incorporating several positive initiatives that will allow a smooth transition to the new meal requirements. For more information on the nutrition guidelines, please see the Nutritional Information page.
These new school meal requirements incorporate many changes which will directly impact our school meal prices. We have seen a dramatic rise in food prices and will continue to do so over the next several years due to increasing transportation costs and the continued roll out of the new meal legislative requirements. Meal prices are determined by Coopersville Area Public Schools.
$1.45 Elementary Breakfast
$2.40 Elementary Lunch
$1.70 Secondary Breakfast
$2.70 Secondary Lunch
To deposit funds into your student(s) lunch account(s) use, your Send Money to School account. There is a $2.65 per transaction fee. A second option would be to send a check made out to C.A.P.S. or cash, with your student(s) and deliver it to the food service dept. in your building or the school office. Any questions about food service payments should be directed to Rachel Johnson at 997-3663 or Lisa Adams at 997-3205.
Both Chartwells and Coopersville Area Public Schools are dedicated to providing quality nutritious meals that students will enjoy and choose to eat. We hope you will encourage your students to try new fruits and vegetables and that you will join us for a meal at school to see the changes for yourself. If you have questions or concerns, please feel free to contact Rachel Johnson, Food Service Director, at 997-3663.
Breakfast is offered in all buildings. It includes a main entree, juice/fruit, and milk.
One hot entree is offered daily at the elementary schools. Yogurt and a variety of cold cereals are also offered every day. White milk (fat free or 1%) is offered for elementary breakfast.
Secondary students are offered variety of main entrees along with juice, milk (fat free or 1% white and fat free chocolate), and a la carte items.
Elementary Breakfast Price: $1.45
Secondary Breakfast Price: $1.70
- West Early Childhood Center: one hot entrée choice with a hot vegetable
- East Elementary: two entrée choices with a hot vegetable
- South Elementary: three entrée choices with a hot vegetable
Additionally, all elementary schools have a fruit and vegetable bar for the school lunch children to enjoy daily.
Elementary Lunch: $2.40
Secondary Lunch: $2.70
Middle School and High School students can choose from a wide range of entrees each day including:
- Create - come try some of our hearty homemade comfort meals in a portable bowl
- Sono- High School and Middle School now offer a new and improved Mexican Line. Available daily on this line made to order; beef, bean, or chicken tacos, taco salads, nachos, burritos, and enchiladas
- Grilled-Fast-casual station to grab your favorite grilled sandwich and finger food
- 2 Mato-Come try some of our amazing pasta's and pizza's (Classic cheese pizza made with reduced fat cheese on a fresh baked whole grain crust and specialty pizzas which are fresh baked daily)
- So Deli- Sandwiches and Salads Made to order with freshly baked breads and sliced meat choices with all your favorite toppings
- Grab and Go -fresh and fast food options
- Extra Extra - No one leaves our cafe hungry with our fresh fruit and vegetable bar (cold fruit and vegetable bar offered daily - featuring fresh seasonal produce including local items - available daily)
Staff Lunch Selection
Please print the menu if you would like to order by phone and call the HS Kitchen ext. 3514 or MS Kitchen: ext. 3414.