drone view

District Student Enrollment

School of Choice/Non Resident KG-12th


23-24 SOC Link 


Our School of Choice window is open from Feb 1st until the first Thursday after school starts in August for families who do not live in the District.  We do not accept SOC applications once the window is closed.


For any inquiries or questions regarding transportation, please contact Julie L. at (616)997-3299

1st - 12th Grade Registration

The following documents will be required at the time of enrollment. You can either upload the documentation during the online registration process, bring them to the Administration for photocopies or email them to the District Registrar Here

Proof of Residency - (utility bill, lease/mortgage) if you live in our District, or SOC/Non-Resident Application if you live out of our District.

Up-to-date immunization records or valid waiver, and certified County birth certificate

Kindergarten/Y5’s Registration

Students must be five years of age by September 1st to register. However, a parent or legal guardian may register their child for that school year as long as the child will be five years of age no later than December 1st. Students with late Fall birthdays will be screened for their readiness. The District will make a recommendation as to whether the child should be enrolled in Kindergarten, Young-fives or preschool.

Parents/guardians of current P4 & Young 5 Students at CAPS

If your child is currently attending the CAPS Young 5’s program or the four year-old Preschool program, there is no need to complete the online registration form for your child for Kindergarten. You will however submit the required documentation below to the West ECC Office or send via email.

Required Documentation

  • Proof of Residency - (utility bill, lease/mortgage) if you live in our District or SOC/Non-Resident Application if you live out of our District
  • Health Appraisal Form (completed by a physician)
  • Hearing & Vision Screening
  • Up-to-Date Immunization Records or Valid Waiver
  • Certified County Birth Certificate. 
  • *Below are links to Kent, Ottawa and Muskegon County Clerk’s Office that have instructions on how to order a certified birth certificate in the county in which your child was born.

CAPS Online Registration